Sunday, May 22, 2011

Death Note

Warning: Spoilers! Do not read if you are planning on watching Death Note or ARE watching Death Note.

Hiya! I finished Death Note a couple weeks... or months ago, and thought I should update this blog. Death Note follows a boy by the name of Light Yagami, who finds a mysterious notebook lying around one day. He picks it up and finds out he can kill people however he wants with this notebook. Light then continues to kill criminals to create his "perfect world",  but detective L is hot on his trail, and Light is his prime suspect.

Anywhoo! This was really good, like it made me feel bad at the end, when Light dies even though he did all those terrible things. I also felt the need to rip someones head off when L died. That was a load of bull crap there. My favorite character hands down Was Nate "Near" River. He was so adorable and.... cold. :D



I won't babble on and on about this anime, but I will say that the writer/author was a freakin genius. This anime, in order for it to be what it is, had to be extremely well thought out. The main characters a basically geniuses for crying out loud! And Mello and Near aren't exactly stupid either in case you haven't noticed. I just gotta give props to the author. I have to, I was impressed.



The characters had this thought process about them, they thought everything out and were always a step ahead of everyone else. I was interested in everything they had to say as well so bravo to Tsugumi Ohba!



I have yet to read the manga (oh one of these days!) But I have read Death Note: Another Note: The Los Angeles BB Murder Case, and that was super good as well. It's a prequel to the series and follows Naomi Misora. She's investigating murders in Los Angeles caused by Beyond Birthday, the second supposed sucessor to L from whammy's House. But he wanted to create a case even L couldn't solve. It was really good and everytime they made a breakthrough I was like "Aha! That makes sense!" XD





The other prequel, L Change The World I have yet to read but I do have it and will be reading in within the next few days. My friend Justine has read it and she loves it, but then again she loves Death note more than me :D
Well, that's really all I have to say about Death Note Unless you want to know this really useless fact about me... My favorite pairing is BeyondXNear. They're my favorite characters, and they're just adorable together. Well, Adios! Here are some nifty videos!

No comments:

Post a Comment